quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Enterprise Application as OSGi Bundle

From: Miroslav Nachev <mnachev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:28:21 +0300

Hi,

In our company OSGi Framework we have Web bundle which support Servlets and
JSP. The problem is that the current version is for embedded/industrial use
and the things like domains, many isolated applications in one domain are
not supported. So, in general the problem is in isolation of the domains,
applications and the security.
In OSGi Enterprise work group
<https://www.osgi.org/members/EEG/HomePage>all of that and much more
thigs are discussed and specified. Some of the
items are almost ready with RI and TCK. The idea is one Enterprise
Application to be represented of one OSGi Bundle and all sub-modules like
EJB Container, Web Container, App Client (RMI-IIOP), etc. to be realised as
OSGi bundles also from which the main bundle depends.

Regards,
Miro.