quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: how deploy a application without packaging it in a war

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:41:15 -0500

Survivant 00 wrote:
> can I copie a folder structure into the applications'sfolder of the
> domain ?
>
> I want to try deploying an application without using a war. Like I do
> it with Tomcat.. (Does Glassfish have a auto-reload context when it
> detects changes ? )
Use the directory deployment feature. You didn't mention which version
you are using.

Use the v2 deploydir command or the v3 deploy command, specifying the
directory rather than a .war file. There is no need to create the .war
file. (Note that the deploydir command will also work in v3 but we are
encouraging users to adopt the deploy command for both purposes in v3.)

If you update .jsp files in your app the server should detect the
changes automatically without any action from you. For it to recognize
other changes you can:

1. redeploy the app using the original deploydir (in v2 or v3) or deploy
command again (v2 or v3), or
2. use the redeploy command (v3), or
3. use this OS command

touch {your-war-directory}/.reload