quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Failed to deploy EJB app on GFv3

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:53:51 +0200

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 01:56:19PM +0200, To quality wrote:
> When I tried to deploy the war I got this error in the GFv3 server.log
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.ejb.Singleton

As it turns out, the EjbSniffer class contains this piece of code

    private static final Class[] ejbAnnotations = new Class[] {
            javax.ejb.Stateless.class, javax.ejb.Stateful.class, javax.ejb.Singleton.class};

Further investigation of the GFv3 code shows that there IS a class called
Singleton:

./ejb/javax.ejb/src/main/java/javax/ejb/Singleton.java

So, when will this class be available in either a nightly build or a promoted
build? Or when will the reference to this class be removed from the EjbSniffer
class as long as other work on the Singleton annotation isn't finished yet?

Thanks, Wouter

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"