quality@glassfish.java.net

GFv3 and NetBeans

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:29:23 +0200

Hi,

On my PC I have two instances of GFv3. One is a checkout from the GFv3
subversion repository and built using maven. The other is the promoted build b20
installed on Linux using the unix install script download. Next I downloaded and
installed the NetBeans GFv3 JEE Integration plugin. For some reason, NetBeans
recognises the svn version as a valid GFv3 directory but it does not recognise
the b20 directory. I can tell because the icon for the svn version is different
from other directories while the icon for the b20 directory is the same.

However, when I choose the b20 directory anyway, NetBeans is capable of starting
and stopping GFv3.

Can someone please explain what is missing from b20 that the svn version has?
Does the fact that NetBeans doesn't recognise b20 mean that I am missing JEE
components? If so, what are they?

Thanks, Wouter

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"