quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: deploy apache-archiva on GlassFish V2 got javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException

From: Mahesh Kannan <Mahesh.Kannan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 13:57:44 -0700

The spec doesn't prohibit the client from doing a Ctx.close(). The
JavaEE spec only prohibits the apps from mutating the JNDI env. Looks
like the code has been like for a while. We need to fix this. The
NamingManager.close() shouldn't throw OperationNotSupportedException.
Checked with Ken also.

Thanks,
--Mahesh