quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem facing regarding Glassfish version: V3 tp2

From: ASHOK MADDY <ashok_samra_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:03:59 +0100 (BST)

Hi Mam,
                    Thanks for the reply you gave about the doubt i had, i will look into it,
And i hope so you remember my name , because once i had come for interview in your esteemed organization SUN in month of January 2007, you and another gentlemen had interviewed me, i was very happy to get a interview call , and when i answered the interview questions asked by you and other gentlemen, i was thinking i may get the job, but i dint. I am still very much interested to work for SUN, if any openings then please let me know ma in Testing domain for which i had appeared for interview.
                I came to know from my close friend SRIRAM KRISHNAN who is working in your organization about the Glassfish V3, so i thought i will learn something , so i have started with it and have registered in java.net site of your organization.So if any openings are there , then please give me a chance to work , i may not be expert in begining stage, becaue i am recently graduated, day by day after getting a chane to work in your organization , i will improve very much & work hard.

                   Looking forward to your response at the earliest, I am here by attaching my Resume for your necessary actions

Thanks & Regards
   M Ashok Kumar

Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM> wrote: Hi Ashok,

 Welcome to GlassFish Quality Community. Thanks for trying GlassFish V3.

 I think you are very close to see the "hello", could you please take a look at
 the server.log file, you may find the root causes there. The server.log file is
 under your domain directory under logs directory.

  *note* _The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are
  available in the GlassFish/v3 logs._

 ASHOK MADDY wrote:
 Hi , i am trying glassfish v3, and i am stuck up with a problem , which i have explained as follows

  , i started DB server , those commands and it came succesfull,
  and the next step also i did , i mean opening the

  Using the Administration Console GUI

  I opened it , logged into it, and followed the steps and was succesful
  in opening,

  but in this step

  Deploying and Undeploying Applications

  here 3 steps are given na to execute , among that i followed the
  second i,e

  * From the Admin Console GUI

  and i downloaded hello.war sample file available at
  http://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/quickstart/hello.war.

  and from below that they have given some 9 points, i selected the one
  to run thru GUI (glassfish) i,e
  To Deploy an Application From the Admin Console GUI

  ok , and under this command, the steps given are as follows

  To Deploy an Application From the Admin Console GUI

  1. *Open the Admin Console GUI by typing the following URL in a
  browser window:*
  *http://localhost:8080/admin/*
  2. *Click the Applications node in the tree on the left.*
  The node expands to display the Web Applications subnode.
  3. *Click the Web Applications subnode.*
  The Web Applications page is displayed.
  4. *Click Deploy.*
  The Deploy Enterprise Applications/Modules page is displayed.
  5. *Select “Packaged file to be uploaded to the server,” if it is
  not already selected, and then click Browse.*
  6. *Navigate to the location in which you saved the hello.war
  sample, and then click Open.*
  You are returned to the Deploy Enterprise Applications/Modules page.
  7. *Specify a description in the Description field; for example,
  hello.*
  8. *Accept the other default settings, and click OK.*
  You are returned to Web Applications page.
  9. *Display the sample application by typing the following URL in a
  browser window:*
  *http://localhost:8080/hello/*
  * *Alternatively, click the Launch link on the Web
  Applications page in the Admin Console GUI.*

  ok till 9th command i followed everything as told and it worked, but
  when i run the file, i mean when i click the launch link as they told
  i get this error message in the browser yaar, till here i have done,
  so since this error is coming , i dont know what to do next . i
  installed jdk also , but i dont know what problem it might be having.

  HTTP Status 500 -

  *type* Exception report
  *message*
  *description*The server encountered an internal error () that
  prevented it from fulfilling this request.
  *exception*
  org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6180: Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache
  *root cause*
  org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6177: XML parsing error on file file:/C:/Program%20Files/glassfishv3-tp2/glassfish/modules/web/jstl-impl-10.0-tp-2-SNAPSHOT.jar
  *root cause*
  org.xml.sax.SAXException: PWC6181: File file:/C:/Program Files/glassfishv3-tp2/glassfish/lib/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd not found
  *note* _The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are
  available in the GlassFish/v3 logs._

  GlassFish/v3

   THANKS & REGARDS
                M ASHOK KUMAR

 Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food. Get all this and more on Best of Yahoo! Groups.

THANKS & REGARDS
               M ASHOK KUMAR