quality@glassfish.java.net

File locking tool project (was Re: Project query)

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:58:30 -0500

KANIKA GUPTA wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are working on the project: "File Locking Diagnostic Tool"
>
> I was following the blog:
> http://blogs.sun.com/quinn/entry/tool_for_diagnosing_failed_glassfish
>
> To run the tool we need to follow the following commands:
> |java -classpath <path-to-the-utility-jar>;%JAVA_HOME%/lib/tools.jar
> util.ZipFileMonitor -host yourhost -port 9009 -filter xyz
>
> We can't exactly figure out what it means to actually run the same...
> Have been able to set up the debugging options in the glassfish admin,
> but can't figure out the above to continue... I mean is it one single
> command or a group...
>
> Please help...
> |

> Kanika
Hi, Kanika.

Did you try that as a single command and have problems?

That's a standard (single) java command line. Make sure you have
defined the environment variable JAVA_HOME to point to the directory
that contains the Java JDK you want to use. Any version from 1.5 onward
should be fine.

The class path is <path-to-the-utility-jar>;%JAVA_HOME%/lib/tools.jar

The main class to execute is util.ZipFileMonitor

The rest of the command line contains arguments to the file monitor
utility: what host you have GlassFish running on, what port you
configured for the debugger in GlassFish, and the file filter you want
the file monitor utility to use. These arguments are explained in the blog.

Let us know if you have further questions.

- Tim