quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Project query

From: Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 00:13:40 -0700

Hi Kanika,

Glad to read your email. Welcome !

I read the following from the project description. Will help you find
the answer to your question. I remember I ran into deployment failure
because of
the windows file lock and it was very hard to debug. It would be good
to have such diagnostic tool.

"The diagnostic tool uses the JPDA debugger API to work remotely with a
GlassFish server instance to monitor JAR files that are opened and
closed. The integration of the tool with GlassFish will involve the
admin GUI and its GUI framework. Further, the participant will learn
about Java class loading in general as well as how the app server
handles class loading in particular as part of understanding how JARs
can be opened but not closed and how the app server already tries to
address this problem. "