quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: BugBridge question

From: Deepa Singh <Deepa.Singh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:37:57 -0800

Hi Tim,
BugBridge is yielding those issues as "UNCONFIRMED" because
corresponding internal bugtraq bugs have not changed their states.So for
e.g. a bug with "6-Fix Understood" is transferred over to Issuetracker
for the first time, it will yield a state of "UNCONFIRMED". At time of
creation of issues, state can not be specified.
Now, if you change state of the originally filed bug in Bugtraq from
"6-Fix Understood" to "10-Fix Delivered" or even "7-Fix in Progress".
corresponding Issuetracker will change to "RESOLVED/FIXED". This is
tested, proved and currently in place.
Only Open Bugs/Issues are mirrored so there will never be a discrepancy
between open and closed states.

Same holds true vice versa.

We will investigate whether this new feature of states being mirrored at
time of creation can be implemented.

_For real time state_ of open bugs/issues, it is recommended that
bugs/issues are viewed at their originally filed location as Bridge
application runs only once in 24 hour period and it can not run any
sooner or on real time basis due to limitations.

Work on bugbridge is completed and currently it is under maintenance and
support phase.I encourage everyone to file a bug for tool under
subcategory "sqe-test".

--
Sun Java Enterprise System-Quality
USCA14-304