quality@glassfish.java.net

TestNG, JUnit4

From: Geoffrey Halliwell <Geoffrey.Halliwell_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:38:45 -0700

Hi All,

Two of the unit test frameworks we have been looking at for GlassFish are:

        TestNG
        ------
        http://testng.org/doc/

        Junit4
        ------
        http://www.junit.org/index.htm

TestNG is based on annotations, and has a flexible runtime
configuration, as well as dependent test methods, test groups, test
exclusion and failed test lists. TestNG also allows parallel testing
load testing and partial failures.

JUnit4 was released in February and is the first major architectural
change in JUnit in years. The redesign is also based on annotations and
allows for a more flexible initialization and cleanup than it's
predecessors.

We are currently looking for developers to help improve our unit testing
infrastructure, if you, or someone you know, might be interested in
contributing, please let me know!

Thanks,

Geoff