persistence@glassfish.java.net

TOPLINK-45 error - how to join two entities via an alternate key (vs. a primary key)

From: pdecker <paulad_at_rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 05:42:58 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am using Toplink and have 2 entity beans: Logger and LuAppList. There is a
many-to-one relationship from Logger to LuAppList. The Logger table has a
foreign key reference to an alternate key in LuAppList (not the primary
key). When running the app, I get this error from the glassfish system log:

TOPLINK-45 Missing mapping for field [LU_APP_LIST.app_id]

It works when its mapped to a primary key. But the database table design has
changed and the foreign key is now an alternate key.

Does anyone know if this should work, or how to fix it?

Thanks for your attention.