persistence@glassfish.java.net

Re: Constructor Expressions

From: Michael Bouschen <mbo.tech_at_spree.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 22:15:05 +0100

Hi,

is there any special reason why you want to go for a native query? I
would expect the native query being more complex compared to the
corresponding JPQL query.

I'm not sure whether I got your second question right. Is the concern
that the JPA implementation first creates entity instances from the SQL
query result and then evaluate the constructor using the entity
instances? I would be surprised if any entity instances are created,
unless the entire entity instance is passed as an argument to the
constructor expression and thus is part of the query result (e.g. SELECT
NEW mypackage.Detail (e, ...) FROM Employee e WHERE ...).

Regards Michael

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*