persistence@glassfish.java.net

stand-alone & portable clients -ejb3

From: Eve Pokua <gorgeous65_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:56:21 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to working on this for some time now.
I started my application with stand-alone clients and now
what to change it application client to make it portable.

I have tried and got to a point where I get now error but
nothing is going into the DB and there is no error. I was
told that if the application has been set to metadata to true
that it stops the injection from taking place. When I run
it as stand alone it works but when I try my application
client, nothing happens. Could it be that it is not injecting?

I have tried the Cart and order examples of the tutorial. And
followed it but still nothing seems to be working.

I have testing it both with the Java DB and MS SQL server 2000 using
toplink.

Here is the application - client xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application-client version="5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application-client_5.xsd">
<display-name>STOCKINFOR2-app-client</display-name>
</application-client>

and application xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application version="5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd">
<display-name>STOCKINFOR2</display-name>
<module>
<web>
<web-uri>STOCKINFOR2-war.war</web-uri>
<context-root>/STOCKINFOR2-war</context-root>
</web>
</module>
<module>
<java>STOCKINFOR2-app-client.jar</java>
</module>
<module>
<ejb>STOCKINFOR2-ejb.jar</ejb>
</module>
</application>

Could you see anything I can't see and if so, please
help.

Thanks

eve

The next generation of Windows Live is here
http://www.windowslive.co.uk/get-live