persistence@glassfish.java.net

Putting a few question marks in a query (doesn't work)

From: mewshie <nathan.smith_at_nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:46:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm doing a native query (using the createNativeQuery & executeUpdate set of
methods) that has a field with a bunch of question marks. For example, here
is part of one of the delete calls:

delete from cust_standards_data where test_number='?????C'

Even though I'm using "createNativeQuery", toplink yells at me (as if I'm
trying to use named queries) with an error:

Exception in thread "main" Local Exception Stack:
Exception [TOPLINK-6132] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0 (Build b58g-fcs
(09/07/2007))): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.QueryException
Exception Description: Query argument ????C' not found in list of parameters
provided during query execution.

If named queries are to blame for this, does anyone know how to turn them
off completely? I looked in persistence.xml and found nothing there about
this, and an extensive online search hasn't revealed anything. Thanks for
any help

-- Nate

P.S. I can't change the database data to _not_ have question marks, and have
to keep it the way it is, unfortunately