persistence@glassfish.java.net

How to use Java logger in Java SE?

From: Wonseok Kim <guruwons_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:36:15 +0900

Hi, all

After I see the discussion thread about issue#988 - Logging integration with
GF happens too late,
I got a question about logger in Java SE mode.
Java logger (JavaLog) can be used by configuring ServerPlatform (like
GlassFish), but can it be used in Java SE also?
I can't see any configuration for changing logger - only DefaultSessionLog
is used.

If it cannot be changed in current implementation, how about making the
property like "toplink.logging.logger=<logger_classname>"?
I think it can be also used in Java EE environment. Then it doesn't need to
implement ServerPlatform class to change only logger in other Java EE
container environment.

Thanks
--
Wonseok Kim