embedded@glassfish.java.net

Logfiles Woes

From: Joey Jarosz <joey_at_cadence.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:56:46 -0700

I am trying to clean up the plethora of log files generated by glassfish
and my applications. In doing so I am setting the directory/name of all
the log files to a known location, but I still keep getting a
"server_2009-04-24.log" file being created in the
${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/logs directory.

  I have already changed my domain.xml to point at a different location
- other log messages seem to go to the right place.

  I have called EFS.setLogFile() to another file - which seems to take
care of its related log messages.

The following messages, I think, are coming via the catalina LoggerBase
class, but I cannot figure out how to configure THAT logger.

------------------------------ Contents of that file
-----------------------------------

2009-04-24 10:40:06 createObjectName with
StandardEngine[com.sun.appserv].StandardHost[vserver-secure]

2009-04-24 10:40:06 preRegister with
com.sun.appserv:type=Logger,host=vserver-secure

2009-04-24 10:40:07 createObjectName with
StandardEngine[com.sun.appserv].StandardHost[vserver-apps]

2009-04-24 10:40:07 preRegister with
com.sun.appserv:type=Logger,host=vserver-apps

Any ideas?

joey

Joey Jarosz

Senior Architect