embedded@glassfish.java.net

RE: [embedded] Undeploying application

From: Joey Jarosz <joey_at_cadence.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:10:05 -0700

Issue 109 posted

________________________________

From: Byron.Nevins_at_Sun.COM [mailto:Byron.Nevins_at_Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:06 AM
To: embedded_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
Subject: Re: [embedded] Undeploying application

I'm tending to agree with you. That API was added recently in order to
get code out of the top-heavy Server class.

I will look into making it return a Singleton, post prelude.

If you have time can you post an Issue? If not, I'll post it later.

Joey Jarosz wrote:

My two cents: If Server.getDeployer() needs to return a new instanceof
of EmbeddedDeployer each time it should be renamed to
Server.createDeployer()

There are other methods such as Server.getFileSystem() that return
references stored on the instance of Server, so there is a lack of
symmetry in the api currently. Sometimes a "get" does a get, but
sometimes it means "create".

joey