ejb@glassfish.java.net

call remote EJB on different network

From: Andrea Wang <Andrea.Wang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:40:25 +0800

Dear Expert,

IHAC got below issue:
EJB1 on host1 call EJB2 on host2.
when host1 and host2 are one the same network (like *10.1.1*.1 and
*10.1.1.*2) everything works fine.
but if the two hosts are on different network (like *10.1.1*.1 and
*10.1.2*.2) the call cannot be established.

There's no firewall between the two machine.
Network access between two hosts/ports are fine.

They tried connect the two box directly, one IP *10.1.1*.1 and the other
*10.1.2*.2, problem exists! and no problem if set the two IP within the
same subnetwork (*10.1.1*.1 and *10.1.1.*2).

There's no same issue if they test with JBOSS.
They can reproduce the issue on Solaris, Linux and Windows.

So customer wondering if any restriction on our GlassFish2.1/EJB3.0 for
remote EJB call on different networks?

The test case is under below:
/net/snowren.prc/SCIC/Explorer/SunONE/Application/71255182/DEMO Project.zip

Thanks if any advices for me.

Andrea