ejb@glassfish.java.net

Need help with a customer escalation

From: Matthew Barker <Matthew.Barker_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:33:04 -0800

Hi,
I'm working an escalation that was opened against both App Server and
Web Server. We need for the EJB FAQ.
The customer followed instructions on the EJB FAQ on the Glassfish
site, under the following heading:
glassfish: EJB FAQ
Question: "How do I access a Remote EJB (3.0 or 2.x) from a non-Java
EE web container like Tomcat or Resin?"

These instructions cannot work with Web Server 7.0 (no matter what
update level). One can apparently make calls against EJB 2.0, but not
2.1, since web server doesn't support dynamic stubs. Copying the
appserv-rt.jar over to the web server or adding it to the classpath
will not work because the web containers have ancestry that is too
close and there are conflicts between the classes in webserv-rt.jar
and appserv-rt.jar.

REQUEST: Please make a specific note that if one is using Web Server
7.0 with App Server, these instructions will not work and one must
then host the servlet or JSP making the call(s) on the App Server web
container.

Cheers,
Matthew

Matthew Barker