docs@glassfish.java.net

Draft of v3 TP2 Quick Start Guide

From: Scott Fordin <Scott.Fordin_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 00:39:50 -0400

Hi, all,

I have a first draft of the v3 TP2 Quick Start Guide ready
for review. There are still a bunch of holes in it, but it
there's enough there for an initial review.

A few notes:

    1. Please don't be concerned about the product name
       right now. I'm using the name "Enterprise Server"
       in the body text, but because of publication archive
       restrictions, the book title still uses the old
       "Application Server" name.

    2. The admin GUI doesn't work yet, so I can't write
       about it in any meaningful yet.

    3. I don't know what or where the sample applications
       are going to be, so the instructions for deploying
       them can't go into specific detail.

    4. There's not yet a place for this or any of the
       other docs in the v3 SVN respository, so I'm
       attaching a locally generated PDF for your review.

    5. I could use some input on the core concepts you'd
       like to see covered in the sections on working
       with jRuby, NetBeans, and Eclipse. Remember, this
       is a Quick Start Guide, so I can only focus briefly
       on each of these technologies

Please take a look and let me know what you think as soon
as possible.

Thanks very much,

Scott