docs@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please review: Update man page doc plan for TP2

From: Paul Davies <Paul-Martin.Davies_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:58:03 -0700

Hi Hong,

Thank you for your comments.

> A few comments for the commands under com.sun.enterprise.v3.deployment
> 1. The show-component-status command was not implemented for TP2 as
> it was "nice to have" in the proposed TP2 command lists.
I have removed the man page for this command from the list for TP2.

> 2. The list-components command was implemented for TP2 (this is an
> existing command in v2). So we need to add it to the list.
Done.

> 3. The list-applications command currently aliases to list-components
> command and will be removed soon. So we don't need to do anything about it.
OK.

> 4. The deploydir command though deprecated, but will still run in
> v3(with a warning message saying it's deprecated). Do we need a man page
> for it in that case?
As this command is still supported, it should still have a man page. I
have added the man page for this command to the list for TP2. I'll add a
note to the man page to state that the deploydir command is deprecated.

Regards,
-Paul

--
Paul Davies, Senior Technical Writer, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
http://blogs.sun.com/techscribe/