dev@glassfish.java.net

RE: About GLASSFISH-20934

From: David Zhao <liang.x.zhao_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:17:43 -0800 (PST)

Comments is inline.

Thanks,
David Zhao

[David Zhao] What is the purpose of replacing "extends" with "implements"? Can this solve "this issue" you mentioned? Generally, JMS ActiveJmsResourceAdapter should be both ActiveOutboundResourceAdapter and ActiveInboundResourceAdapter, which is required by Connector. Comparing to implementing, extending can simplify things that JMS doesn't need to be changed for any methods which it doesn't care, even for the future interface changes.

> 2) an interesting thing is that once jms core do not depened on
> org.glassfish.main.connectors.inbound-runtime, this issue will not
> happen. Of course, this is not issue's nature. :)
[David Zhao] What do you mean "jms core depends on org.glassfish.main.connectors.inbound-runtime"? Extending ActiveInboundResourceAdapterImpl or having the dependency in pom? What is "this issue"? Your observation is interesting, which might needs further investigation.