dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Review Request][Deployment tests] About GLASSFISH-20894

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:55:59 -0500

Hi, Jeremy

Please see my comments in line:

On 12/10/2013 8:02 PM, lvsongping wrote:

> Hi, Hong:
>
> That's strange. If you trying to run the EE devtests as the steps
> written in the appserv-test/devtests/deployment/README.EE, some tests
> will be failed. The detailed steps will be as follows:
>
> [FOR RUNNING THE DEPLOYMENT TESTS ON EE w/ remote instance:]
>
> 1.Checkout the deployment test suite to the local disk.
>
> 2.Set(export) DEPL_TARGET=SERVER
>
> 3.Ant all-ee
>
> [FOR RUNNING THE DEPLOYMENT TESTS ON EE w/ cluster and remote instance :]
>
> 1.Checkout the deployment test suite to the local disk.
>
> 2.Set(export) DEPL_TARGET=CLUSTER
>
> 3.Ant all-ee
>
> I have ran the test suite on the windows ,Ubuntu and mac os, the
> process will be suspend during the process of running the devtest
> suite. I found it is because the following code segment caused the issue:
>
> <target name="restart.server">
>
> <echo message="Restarting server..."/>
>
> <exec executable="${ASADMIN}" failonerror="true">
>
> <arg line="stop-domain"/>
>
> </exec>
>
> <antcall target="start-process">
>
> <param name="line" value="start-domain --user ${admin.user}
> --passwordfile ${passwordFile}"/>
>
> </antcall>
>
> </target>
>
> It will restart the domain during the process of running the devtests,
> when we ran the ee tests it will create another domain called
> depltest-domain, so there will be two domain at the same directory at
> the same time, so it will be suspended here during the process of
> running the test suite.

I see. The above target was added in v4 for testing the deployment order
feature which should probably only be run for PE mode. You can try to
add a condition to this target to make it only run in PE mode to see if
it helps. In EE mode, we should only have one domain running
depltest-domain.

> So I tried to remove the default domain called domain1 when running
> the ee tests, it is failed in some appclient tests as it can't find
> out the glassfish-acc.xml as I have already deleted the default domain
> at the first time, so I need relocate the position of the
> glassfish-acc.xml when running the ee tests instead use the default
> glassfish-acc.xml which located in the default domain.
>
> IMHO, if we use the other domain, why we still use the file in the
> default domain(domain1)? This is the reason why I relocate the
> glassfish-acc.xml when run the tests in different domains.
>
> I will trying to run the Hudson on my local platform to check whether
> all of the tests can be passed on my platform.

Thanks. I am curious on why the hudson tests would still pass..

- Hong