dev@glassfish.java.net

Timeout when stop the domain with --force=false after deployed the ejb application

From: lvsongping <lvsongping_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 15:41:43 +0900

Hi, Hong, Marina:

Cc: Tom, dev:

   I have found a strange situation that it will be timeout if I stop the
DAS or instance with -force=false after I have deployed an ejb application.
Here's my reproduced steps:

1). asadmin start-domain

2). asadmin deploy Hello.jar

Application deployed with name Hello.

Command deploy executed successfully.

3). asadmin stop-domain -force=false

Waiting for the domain to stop .......................................

Timed out (60 seconds) waiting for the domain to stop.

Command stop-domain failed.

4).jstack jvm_pid > jstack.txt(I have attached the jstack file).

5). asadmin start-domain

Waiting for domain1 to start .Error starting domain domain1.

The server exited prematurely with exit code 1.

Before it died, it produced the following output:

FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized,
jvmtiError=AGENT_E

RROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197)

ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use

ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)

JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized
[../.

./../src/share/back/debugInit.c:750]

Command start-domain failed.

Then the domain can't be start normally, I think somewhere must lock the
file because of deploy the ejb application. But I don't the exactly reason
about this.

BTW: <1>. The exception will not come out if we stop the domain or cluster
with default option of -force.

<2>. The exception will not come out if stop the DAS and cluster after only
deployed the web application.

Thanks

-Jeremy