dev@glassfish.java.net

java EE descriptors vs GF specific descriptors

From: Peter Benedikovic <peter.benedikovic_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:21:35 +0200

Hi,

is there any implicit correlation between Java EE descriptors and GF specific descriptors?
Let me explain my question on example:
I have web app which web.xml uses servlet 2.2 DTD. In the same app, I have glassfish-web.xml compliant to the latest glassfish-web-app_3_0-1.dtd. I want to deploy it on GF 4. Is it going to work?

I am doing on Glassfish plugin for Eclipse and I am curious if the plugin should enforce some relationship between java ee descriptors and glassfish specific descriptors. Or the setup can be arbitrary.

Regards,
Peter Benedikovic