dev@glassfish.java.net

A question about EJB Invocation

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:59:37 +0900

Hi Marina, Mahesh,

I have a question about EJB Invocation,

[Background]

EAR(War) --> standalone EJB

The War and EJB are not in the same application, however, they are
deployed in the same server instance(DAS), and EJB is deployed in a
standalone way.

[Question]
I use Portable Global JNDI names to call the EJB from WAR. However, in
order to invocate the EJB successfully, I must change my EJB interface
view from local to remote.So, I have a question as following:

Since War and EJB are deployed in the same server instance, whether can
still use local interface view rather than using remote view? After all,
using remote view will bring some performance lost.

Thanks
--Tang

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−
Tang Yong
Senior Engineer
Glassfish Team Developer(OSGi&OSGi-JavaEE)
OSGi Alliance Supporter
Blog: http://osgizone.typepad.com/tangyong/

Nanjing Fujitsu NanDa Software Tec CO.,LTD
http://www.fujitsu.com/cn/fnst
Tel: +86-25-86630566-8310
Fax: +86-25-83317685