dev@glassfish.java.net

RE: (review dependency) one pager about GLASSFISH-12699

From: lvsongping <lvsongping_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 18:17:38 +0900

Hi, Hong:

     Thanks for your patient reply. I have just change a little in this
version(in section 4.5.1 Public Interface).

     2. Section 4.1 Technical Details:
         a. Section 4.1.1.1 DAS Mode: the target should only be the DAS
server (the default "server") and not cluster.
         b. Section 4.1.1.2/4.1.1.3 Standalone Instance Mode/Cluster Mode:
standalone instance should be handled similarly as cluster. For both
targets, based on what we previously discussed, the deployuri command will
handle things between client and DAS (similar to what you described in the
DAS mode section) to handle the file download etc during deployment, and for
between DAS and standalone instance/cluster part, the existing _deploy
command should be used and deployuri should not be replicated. Like
DeployCommand which only executes on DAS, the DeployURICommand should only
be executed on DAS also. Once the DAS part of the deployment finishes, the
code path should be exactly the same for a URI param and a File param.
   I have converge the section of cluster and instance into one section: I
have list some of the syntax about deploying the application to the DAS or
cluster.

One good point that Tom brought up which I did not communicate clearly
previously is we should not modify the command line framework.to accomplish
this feature. The URI should be resolved by the deployuri command running in
the DAS, i.e., the file should not be downloaded by the client. So this will
be the last major area to make changes in the one pager.

Sorry about my careless for this situation. How about coding the logical of
download operation into the common-util
modules(org.glassfish.common.util.admin.MapInjectionResolver) ? Because I
think the MapInjectionResolver is one of the best position to format the URI
to File syntax.

If It is still not a proper position, I will try to implement it in the
deployment module without change any other modules.

    5. Section 4.5 Interfaces
        a. Section 4.5.1 Public Interfaces: you should document the syntax
of the new deployuri command here with the options/operand.
       I have list some option about deployuri in section 4.5.1 Public
Interfaces, I'm not so sure whether my list of options is enough, What I
think is that nearly all of the options support in deploy command should be
support when it comes to the deployuri commad.

Maybe you can say the command will have the same options as the deploy
command with exception of option x, y, z etc (list differences).

Ok, I will change the sentence.

Thanks

- Hong