dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: A question of deployment

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 23:33:57 +0900

Hong,
CC:Sahoo

> It's possible that we skip annotation scanning for --type osgi for
> performance improvement, will this affect the deployment of hybrid OSGi
> application? I think for hybrid application, you do a two-step
> deployment, will the second step of the deployment calls
> Deployment.deploy with a Java EE type so annotation scanning will happen
> as expected? If this will not cause any issue for hybrid application,
> please file a RFE for this and I will look into it.

Although I have not done more investigation of annotation
scanning(especially for hybrid application, this means what), I think
that there is a way that maybe made us decrease the risk of regression.

[My Idea]
Adding a deploying type called hybridosgi to diffrentiate plain osgi
deployment, and in plain osgi deployment scene, we use --type osgi.

I know that the way will break existed user interface, however,
according to my understanding, "--type osgi" contains too many
responsibilities, for hybrid scene, we can say the app is a javaee app
or it is also an OSGi app, however, I think that "--type osgi" does not
reflect real means.

Thanks
--Tang