dev@glassfish.java.net

Heads up: Mojarra startup message

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:52:05 -0800

Hello Glassfish Developers,

I recently made a change to the Mojarra build system so that the
familiar Mojarra startup message will include svn details. The startup
message will now look something like this:

Initializing Mojarra 2.2.0 (20121113-1346
https://svn.java.net/svn/mojarra~svn/trunk@10995) for context '/foo-bar'

I know it's a bit verbose, but having the svn info directly in there
really is helpful for diagnostic purposes. As a bonus, you can copy and
paste the text from the startup message straight into "svn checkout" and
you'll get the exact source you are guaranteed to be running, at least
as far as Mojarra is concerned.

Of course, I'll defer to project management if they want a different
startup message.

Thanks,

Ed