dev@glassfish.java.net

About com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: Unknown protocol: jndi

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:47:56 +0900

Hi JSF Team
CC: sahoo

  Previously, there is a jira issue[1] which is closed as "Cannot
Reproduce ". Now, on glassfish 3.1.2, the problem happened again and
can be reproduced on glassfish jira[2].

  So, I also request JSF Team to join to evaluate it and see whether the
problem happened on jsf side. The reproduced steps are as following:

[Env]
1 jdk 1.6.0_34
2 glassfish 3.1.2
3 windows xp

To reproduce the problem:

1) Make a standard install of Glassfish 3.1.2.2;
2) Start domain1
3) Install glassfish-osgi-gui using the GF gui (http://localhost:4848/);
4) ./asadmin stop-domain domain1
5) ./asadmin start-domain domain1
6) ./asadmin stop-domain domain1
7) Apply workaround: mv
./glassfish/modules/autostart/glassfish-osgi-console-plugin.jar to
./glassfish/modules/)
8) ./asadmin start-domain domain1
9) ./asadmin stop-domain domain1
10) ./adasmin start-domain domain1

Among one of 8) and 9) and 10), the problem happened. On my machine, the
problem happened on 9).

[1]: http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES-2431
[2]: http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18880

Thanks!