dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: set JSESSIONIDSSO cookie domain

From: Derek Knapp <derek.knapp_at_me.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:49:20 -0700

I am hoping someone can help me come with the best way to accomplish my goal.

Ideally I would like to have https://login.example.com handle the user authentication, password reset, etc... once the user logged in, they are forwarded to the actual application.

I am trying to figure out the best way to handle the second part, in a secure way. I could go with some kind of SSO solution, like OpenAM, but that seems a little over kill to me. I could have the login.example.com add a token to a database somewhere, set a cookie, then forward to the application, and then validate the token, but then I have to manage a token database of tokens, removing expired tokens, etc...

This seems like a common way to do things, for example, https://login.mailchimp.com. or https://login.salesforce.com

Derek