dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: About GLASSFISH-17155 and CDI/OSGi

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 12:00:39 +0900

Hi sahoo
CC: siva

> So, are you saying that the suggested work around does not work any
> longer? I think your analysis is correct as well. I think a proper way
> to solve would be to set the class loader as an attribute in
> ServletContext during WAB deployment so that an application programmer
> can retrieve it inside serviceChanged() method and set it as the TCL
> temporarily.
Yeah, I also think the way indeed can resolve the problem. However,
because the problem happened on cdi event case, I suggest that during
resolving cdi/osgi event integration, finding a better way to resolve
the problem. After all, I felt the problem is not simple.

> I think this is because the test application attached to the issue is
> not firing events correctly. It needs to fire events using BeanManager
> and use proper qualifiers such that methods will receive events they are
> interested in. See ServletContextBridgeListener.java in the test app for
> more details.
Thanks your suggestion and I will see it.
In addition, about how to firing events correctly(etc. when a osgi
service has been registered...) and related using way, wishing siva can
give some ideas, then we will launch another thread to discuss it.

--Tang