dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: About GLASSFISH-18916

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:00:11 -0400

Hi, Jeremy
Thanks for making the changes. Please see my comments below:
1. The modified files are in deployment/admin module and not in
core/kernel.
2. For DeployCommand:
a. As we are already throwing the exception in the if block, we don't
need to put the rest of the code in the else block here.
b. For error message, let's do something else
lifecyclemodule_withsamename_exists=Lifecycle module with same name {0}
already exists, please pick a different name for the application.
3. For CreateLifecycleModuleCommand:
a. For the import statement, just import the new class you are using
(Applications) and not import everything
b. Please don't change the REST endpoints as this is not the deploy
command.
c. For the checks you made in validateTarget, you can just add the check
in the beginning of this method or even outside of the method (you don't
really need to go into each block of this method and do similar
validation as this check is not relevant to target anyways, the name has
to be unique per domain).
Application app = apps.getApplication(name);
if(app != null && !app.isLifecycleModule()){
// throw illegal exception here
}
with error string like this:
application_withsamename_exists=Application with same name {0} already
exists, please pick a different name for the lifecycle module.

- Hong