dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem loading modules in Netbeans

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:31:20 -0700

Romain!

Much thanks for this. I was setting up a macbook and ran into the
problem there. Funny, it works fine on my Solaris 11 box without
the profile settings, and builds from the command line work fine.
It was just when loading the project in Netbeans on the Mac that
I hit the problem.

Any idea why this works?

Thanks,

Joe

On 4/17/12 9:38 AM, romain.grecourt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's because of the mirror settings.
> You need to define the following profile in your maven settings.xml:
>
> <profile>
> <id>default</id>
> <activation>
> <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
> </activation>
> <repositories>
> <repository>
> <id>internal</id>
> <url>http://gf-maven.us.oracle.com/nexus/content/groups/internal-gf-nexus/</url>
> <releases>
> <enabled>true</enabled>
> </releases>
> <snapshots>
> <enabled>true</enabled>
> </snapshots>
> </repository>
> </repositories>
> </profile>
>
> Credit goes to Martin Mares :)
>
> Thanks,
> Romain
>
> On 4/17/12 6:27 PM, Tim Quinn wrote:
>> I had seen this - or similar - problems a couple weeks ago as I was setting up a new system. Then I was out for two weeks and did not have a chance to pursue this further.
>>
>> My impression at the time was that 3.1.2 modules were OK but 4.0 ones were not. I am in the process of updating my 4.0 workspace after my absence and will see if I still have problems afterwards.
>>
>> One possibility I have not investigated yet is whether this is a problem in maven. I had some build problems with maven 3.x which I did not have with maven 2.x. Perhaps the NetBeans-bundled maven is 3.x and is having the same problem I was having during the build. Jane was investigating and was going to ping the maven users group about it.
>>
>> - Tim
>>
>> On Apr 17, 2012, at 11:09 AM, Yamini K B wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I updated my workspace yesterday (which brought in r53514) and now I'm not able to open projects in Netbeans (7.1). This is the error that shows up:
>>>
>>> problem was encountered while building the effective model for org.glassfish.main.virtualization:virtualization:4.0-SNAPSHOT
>>> [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.glassfish.main:glassfish-main-parent:4.0-SNAPSHOT: The repository system is offline but the artifact net.java:jvnet-parent:pom:3 is not available in the local repository. and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ org.glassfish.main:glassfish-main-parent:4.0-SNAPSHOT, /space/bg/main/pom.xml, line 47, column 13
>>> for project org.glassfish.main.virtualization:virtualization:4.0-SNAPSHOT at /space/bg/main/cloud/iaas-mgmt/pom.xml
>>>
>>> Some of the things that I tried:
>>>
>>> 1. Removed ~/.netbeans
>>> 2. Removed the local repository and did a full build