dev@glassfish.java.net

Any use of corba API & pfl-* jars in nucleus?

From: Cheng Fang <cheng.fang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:57:09 -0500

In issue http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17489, I've moved
glassfish-naming module out of nucleus. Glassfish-naming has dependency
on glassfish-corba-internal-api and glassfish-corba-omgapi.jar, which in
turn also brings in 6 pfl-*.jar. I've searched in my workspace and
didn't find any other referencing modules.

I'd like to double check whether any other nucleus modules also depends
on these 8 jars:

glassfish-corba-internal-api
glassfish-corba-omgapi.jar
nucleus/modules/pfl-asm.jar
pfl-basic-tools.jar
pfl-basic.jar
pfl-dynamic.jar
pfl-tf-tools.jar
pfl-tf.jar

If the answer is no, then we can remove above jars from nucleus
altogether. appserver distribution has its own packaging mechanism to
include them, so I think removing them from nucleus packaging would not
impact appserver distribution.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

-cheng