dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish 3.1.2 binary compatibility with 3.1.x.

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:24:56 -0800

SC> Just did a diff between 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 full profile zip distributions
SC> to identify
SC> the file(s) missing in either 3.1.1 or 3.1.2. I wanted to run this
SC> diff(at the bottom of this email)
SC> by this alias to make sure that

SC> * all of these differences are known to us and the changes are
SC> justifiable.
SC> * we fix any of the packaging errors.
SC> * we are not introducing incompatibilities by removing/relocating files.
SC> * we document any such incompatibilities though they are not public
SC> interfaces(see the related issue
SC> http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17894).

This has been fixed. The build now reflects the correct reality.
Specifically, Oracle's JSF Implementation, known as Mojarra, is packaged
as javax.faces.jar and resides in the modules directory. There is no
more jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar.

I am about to make these same changes on the GlassFish trunk.

Ed