dev@glassfish.java.net

Run level service changes

From: Tom Beerbower <tom.beerbower_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:35:32 -0500

  Hi all,

I want to let everyone know that I am in the process of replacing the
deprecated marker interfaces used for run level services with the new
annotation based approach described here ...

http://hk2.java.net/runlevelservices.html

The deprecated interfaces are ...

org.glassfish.internal.api.Init
org.glassfish.internal.api.PostStartup
org.glassfish.api.Startup

The new annotations are ...

org.glassfish.internal.api.InitRunLevel
org.glassfish.internal.api.PostStartupRunLevel
org.glassfish.api.StartupRunLevel

The HK2 and AppServerStartup changes to support run level annotations
are now in place. I will be committing the remaining GF changes to
remove the deprecated marker interface usages over the next couple of
days. The deprecated interfaces will remain for now but you should
avoid using them in favor of the new annotations. In almost all cases
it is a simple swap. Let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Tom