dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: POM, OSGi, and Packaging Changes

From: Jason Lee <jason.d.lee_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:48:49 -0500

All the tests we have require a running server, so we have, for a long
time, skipped the tests by default, only enabling them via a profile,
which, in theory, we use under Hudson. This same configuration was
under rest-service AND rest-client, but I moved it up to rest-parent, so
as to reduce the duplication. It is possible, I guess, that rest-client
may have some unit tests that can run without a server. I'm sad to
report, though, that rest-client has no tests at all at this point, but
the plan is to fix that lack at some point in the near future, and then
run said tests along with the rest-service tests, which brings us back
to the running server. :)

--
Jason Lee
Senior Member of Technical Staff, Oracle