dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: What is the expected number of passed tests for quicklook on trunk?

From: Ed Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:00:16 -0700

JL> Personally, if it says 0 failed, I'm happy, regardless of how many
JL> passed. :)

Certainly, but asserting for 0 failed does not detect the case where a
test should have executed and passed but did not even get called. This
can happen if the build environment has some kind of misconfiguration,
or even due to some configuration problem on the hudson job.

In my experience, the difficulty of consistently ensuring that all the
tests that are supposed to run are actually run increases dramatically
the more large and dispersed a team is.

Does anyone else here share this opinion?

Ed