dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Review GF 3.1.1 Rel Notes by COB Wed 7/20

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:47:35 -0700

On 7/18/11 1:34 PM, Rebecca Parks wrote:
> On 07/18/11 13:28, Anissa Lam wrote:
>>
>> I strongly suggest that developer who has fixed bugs thats included
>> in the 3.1 release notes to go over the Known Issues section. I see
>> that many of the 3.1 GUI bugs that has already been fixed is still
>> listed as Known Issues in 3.1, instead of listed under " /Known
>> Issues in GlassFish Server 3.1 Fixed in 3.1.1 <#glgkv>/" section.
>> I don't know whats the 'official way' to notify the doc team about
>> the bug has been resolved. Maybe the doc team should just look at
>> the bug to see if the status is still open and move that bug to the
>> appropriate section.
> I searched for bugs with the 3_1-release-note-added tag that had a
> Fixed version of one of the 3.1.1 builds. Possibly some of the bugs
> were never marked with the 3_1-release-note-added tag and my query
> missed them.
>>
>> Anyway, here is the list of GUI bugs that should be moved from
>> " Known Issues in GlassFish Server 3.1 <#glclx>" to " Known Issues
>> in GlassFish Server 3.1 Fixed in 3.1.1 <#glgkv>".
>>
>> * Application info page: status not shown correctly and virtual
>> servers changes not saved (16048) <#gkyys>
>> * Log Viewer: details garbled after navigating to earlier
>> records, exception in server.log (16029) <#gkyxo>
>> * Cluster -> Resources tab: Should not include resources not
>> included in the web distribution in the table dropdown (15925)
>> <#gkzih>
>> * Firefox 4.0 does not work for the Admin Console Targeting
>> dialogs (16385) <#glacq>
>>

>> Comments:
>> 1. The page says " These known issues and workarounds are divided
>> into two sections:" when it should say three sections since there
>> are 3 bullets under.
>>
>> 2. The bugs listed under "Known Issues in GlassFish Server 3.1
>> Fixed in 3.1.1 <#glgkv>". For these bugs, there is still the
>> "Workaround" information. Since the bug has already been fixed, I
>> don't see the point of including these "workaround", it is very
>> confusing as if the workaround is still needed.
> The workaround doesn't apply to 3.1.1 but still applies to 3.1. The
> Release Notes are doing double duty for both releases.
I don't quite understand this. If the user is running 3.1, they
should refer to the 3.1 release note which already has the workaround.
If they are running 3.1.1, they should refer to the 3.1.1 release note
and shouldn't need this 'workaround'.

Are you saying that the content of 3.1 Release Notes, available under
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2434/index.html
will be changed to this NEW release note ?

thanks.
Anissa.