dev@glassfish.java.net

asadmin get command for lb host and http port

From: vince kraemer <vince.kraemer_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 17:31:46 -0700

Hi all,

I know how to 'get' the hostname and port for the instances that make up
a cluster... but I assume that at some point an admin will hide all
these details behind a load balancer.

Once that happens, it doesn't make sense to have something like an IDE
dig out the name/port combinations. The IDE should run traffic that it
generates through the load balancer... so the app/config gets tested
end-to-end.

What combination of get commands would I need to execute to determine:

1. that an LB is configured to 'handle' a particular cluster and/or
stand-alone instance?

2. the hostname and port (and any other necessary info) so the IDE can
open the browser correctly when a user selects the Run item on a project
that is deployed onto a GF 3.1 cluster and/or instance?

Thanks,
vbk