dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: what do you 'asadmin get' to find out the host of a remote instance

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:14:23 -0500

Unfortunately, there isn't a simple way to do this.

Given an instance "i1", one would need to do this:

asadmin get servers.server.i1.node-ref

This returns the name of the node. Parse that out (assume the value is
"mynode"). Then do:

asadmin get nodes.node.mynode.node-host

and this will be the host value for that instance.

Another simpler way to get this value is:

asadmin --terse list-instances -l i1

and grep for the line starting with i1 and take the HOST value is in the
second column.

But this causes a query for the status of the instances which may be a
performance issue.

Tom