dev@glassfish.java.net

Reg. WS-AT based Transaction Support in Java EE SE.

From: Narayana Rallabandi <narayana.rallabandi_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:10:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

While implementing a solution on Glassfish ESB, I stumbled upon the following issue:

In case of Java EE SE, WS-AT semantics are not getting supported. i.e. When there are 2 EJBs each is a Web Service which honors WS-AT and they are wired via Java EE SE for in-process communication advantage.

The link, http://download.java.net/general/open-esb/docs/jbi-components/jee-se.html talks about the the limitations of the JEE SE are given explicitly which contains the following:
• Transaction support is not available.
I do not think that the status of the component is updated there after even code wise.. Can I know the issues involved in supporting transaction if possible?

Can you please confirm..

If that’s the case HTTP/SOAP BC would be the only way out as per my understanding which is equivalent to on-the-wire call. They can instead of going via JBI can as well be on their own..

Let me know your thoughts on this..

Regards,
Narayanaa