dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin get command for lb host and http port

From: Kshitiz Saxena <kshitiz.saxena_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:03:01 +0530

  Hi Vince,

Tom has captured details of load-balancer config correctly in his mail.
However it is not that straight forward.
1. The configured device-port is SSL port of web server. However there
is no strict requirement for a load-balancer element to be present. A
lbconfig is sufficient to generate load-balancer xml. The load-balancer
element is required if administrator wants to push load-balancer xml
over the wire to web server. This feature is available for Oracle
iPlanet Web Server and Apache, but not available for IIS.
2. Also after deploy, changes are not automatically propagated to
load-balancer plugin deployed on web server. You will have to run
apply-http-lb-changes command to propagate those changes to
load-balancer plugin and then probably need to wait(governed by property
lb-configs.lb-config.<config-name>.reload-poll-interval-in-seconds) till
these changes are picked up.
3. A cluster or standalone instances may be fronted by many load-balancers.

Though I like your idea about end to end testing, there are still some
gaps which does not allow coverage for all cases.

Thanks,
Kshitiz
Sun, an Oracle Company.