dev@glassfish.java.net

Question About Create-System-Properties Subcommand

From: Yi Yang <yi.yang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:26:04 +0800

Dear Experts,

I was trying to add an URL redirect property to the server-config,
here's my command,

------------
C:\glassfish3\glassfish\bin>asadmin --port 4849 create-system-properties
--targe
t server-config redirect_1="from=/webtogo url-prefix=/mobile"
------------

However, I receive the this error message:

------------
remote failure: Unknown plain text format. A properly formatted
response from a
  PlainTextActionReporter
always starts with one of these 2 strings:
PlainTextActionReporterSUCCESS or Pla
inTextActionReporterFAILURE. The response we received from the server
was not u
nderstood: Signature-Version: 1.0
message: Invalid property syntax, "=" in value: redirect_1=from=/webto
  go url-prefix=/mobileInvalid property syntax, "=" in value: redirect_
  1=from=/webtogo url-prefix=/mobile
cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid property syntax, "=
  " in value: redirect_1=from=/webtogo url-prefix=/mobile
children: Usage: create-system-properties
         [--target <target(default:s
  erver)>] [-?|--help[=<help(default:false)>]]
         (name=value)[:name=valu
  e]*
use-main-children-attribute: false
children-type: null
exit-code: FAILURE

Am I using the right subcommand of asadmin, if not, then how could I add
this property with asadmin command?

Thanks very much!

Best regards,
Jerry Yang