dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: OSGi Services in GlassFish 3.1

From: PostMasteR <postmaster_at_chaoslayer.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:22:47 +0100

On 02/16/2011 12:59 AM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> On 2/15/11 5:19 PM, PostMasteR wrote:
>> Hi *,
>>
>> I just installed the latest Felix WebConsole to have a look inside the
>> OSGi stuff and what is possible to eventually make up additional tools
>> that might help during development of OSGi bundles.
>>
>> So, I noticed that some services are not (yet) available and I would
>> like to have some pointers to available implementations (if there are
>> any):
>>
>> * Permission Admin
>> * Conditional Permission Admin
>> * Wire Admin
>> * Log Service
>
> Since GlassFish just runs on top of an OSGi framework, you should just
> be able to install implementations of the services you want to use. The
> permission-related ones might be a little trickier, but technically they
> should work I believe.
>
> -> richard
>
>> Thanx for any hints,
>>
>> PMR

Thanx for the answer. As I am also looking forward to implement access
restrictions into our services and bundles I already looked at Felix to
see if there is any implementation available, but apparently I didn't
see any.

Do you recommend some?

In addition, is there a concept that allows me to limit access to a
service based on classes/packages/bundles it gets invoked from? I
already saw some example using the install location of a bundle, but
that's inappropriate if you use different installation techniques.

Thanx