dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaDB no suitable driver form JSP....

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 06:07:47 +0530

Yes, I have investigated, otherwise I would not have closed the bug. The
current user is using JSTL sql tag to get a connection and our jstl
implementation assumes it has the driver in its classpath as it uses
DriverManager API. Since the use case is very rare, I didn't bother
addressing. More over, the moment user uses some other driver, they have
to anyway copy that driver to lib/ext, so fixing it only for derby does
not make any sense to me. If someone insists fixing it, we need to
revert #41690.

Sahoo