dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaDB no suitable driver form JSP....

From: Doug Donahue <douglas.donahue_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 09:26:10 -0500

On 1/3/11 4:25 PM, Tom Mueller wrote:
> Is your JSP in docroot or within a web app?
>
> I wonder if this is related to a performance change that we made that
> remove the derby libraries from the launcher class loader of the app
> server, and put them only in the common class loader. This was done in
> revision 41690 as part of fixing issue 13612.
>
> Tom
Thanks for your reply Tom I did go and read the issue.

     The JSP pages are in the app. This could be a configuration issue
on my end, I fully understand that if this was any other database that I
would need to load the drivers in the lib directory. The only reason I
did not want to just do that in this case is that we bundle this
database with glassfish and I thought it should work out of the box with
out having to move jarfiles around.

     Any thoughts?
     Doug