dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Bug] NameNotFoundException is occured when use the relative path to lookup

From: Cheng Fang <cheng.fang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:25:19 -0500

I was able to reproduce it with GlassFish v2. The code in question has
changed a lot in v3, but looks like the method you mentioned has already
been fixed. The following is the snippet from current v3.1 workspace:

SerialContextProvider provider = getProvider() ;
Object obj = provider.lookup(name);
if (obj instanceof NamingObjectProxy) {
releaseSticky();
return ((NamingObjectProxy) obj).create(this);
}

if (obj instanceof Context) {
releaseSticky();
return new SerialContext(name, myEnv, habitat);
}

releaseSticky();
Object retObj = getObjectInstance(name, obj);
return retObj;

I tried a similar test app (running with standalone test), and worked in
both 3.0.1 and 3.1.

Thanks,
-cheng