dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: 3.1 branch is open for integrations

From: Sathyan Catari <Sathyan.Catari_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:08:38 -0800

  One way to make sure that required checkins are happening in both
branch and trunk,
is to mandate that commit message along with revision #s should be added
in the
bug system, when the submitter marks the bug as fixed/resolved. I think
two more questions
should be added to the Change control
doc(http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/3.1ChangeControl).

-Commit message with version# for Branch.
-Commit message with version# for Trunk.

If the fix doesn't apply to the trunk(ex package naming/versions), then
the submitter could
answer N/A to message for trunk.

Given the controlled changes expected in 3.1 at this point of time, I
think we can defer finding
ways to automate this to the next release.

Thanks
Sathyan